Prestige64 Stick v3.0 New Purchase Guide
Thank you for your purchase!
To ensure your 100% satisfaction, we have created the following Prestige64 Stick v3.0 New Purchase Guide. Read on for free troubleshooting information:
- For now, please refer to YouTube for numerous N64 controller taking apart and putting back together instructional videos. An exclusive Prestige64 installation video is currently in the works.
- For best results, please use a worn in OEM bowl (6/10 or below) or new Prestige64 Bowl. It is currently not advised to use any OEM bowls of quality 8/10+. This is not for reasons of wear, but rather for issues of stiffness/drifting (unwanted input).
- Wear of OEM bowls as a result of Prestige64 stick on OEM bowls has been tested to be less than or equal to wear of OEM stick + OEM bowl combo.
- Recommended gears: 8/10+ OEM gears or new Kitsch-Bent gears
- Please note: the Stick was released early to give customers a -taste- of what the final product will be like. However, by itself, it is not the final product.
- The Stick is ultimately meant to be used with the Prestige64 Bowl and Prestige64 Gears (coming soon!)
- Because of this, the deadzone and range may not be 100% perfect with worn down non-Prestige64 parts (specifically bowls and gears)
- Once the Prestige64 Bowl is complete, combining the Stick with the Bowl will result in deadzone and range being at its most optimal level.
- The Prestige64 Gears will further refine this for a final result which is as close to perfection as possible. Furthermore, it will drastically reduce wear and tear issues that current plastic gears have.
- My stick has deadzone after installation! What do I do?
- Reply: Some minor deadzone is to be expected until the rest of the Prestige64 parts are released. However, for significant deadzone issues, please first ensure you are correctly installing the product as intended. Please see the following survey:
- Am I using at least a 6/10+ OEM bowl, or am I using a much more worn out bowl, or a non-OEM bowl? Try using a slightly better bowl if deadzone is excessive.
- Am I using 8/10+ OEM gears or new Kitsch-Bent gears, or am I using much more worn down OEM gears, or non-OEM/KB gears?
- If issue persists, please contact Shapeways immediately (within 10 days of receiving the product) regarding the manufacturing error to follow through on the 10-day guarantee.
2. My stick does not feel smooth!
- Reply: Please try lubricating the bottom of the Prestige64 stick and/or the bowl with white-lithium grease, Taylor-Lube HP, or other high-quality lubricant
- Alternatively, try not using any lubricant.
- If issue persists, please contact Shapeways immediately (within 10 days of receiving the product) regarding the manufacturing error to follow through on the 10-day Guarantee
3. My stick is asymmetrical on the bottom/large sphere/other area!
- First, please check carefully whether this is due to the Prestige64 stick or whether it is due to a faulty bowl or gearset (for example, some Kitsch-Bent gears are known to have some manufacturing inconsistency which results in unbalanced gear design)
- If you can confirm that it is indeed a manufacturing issue related to the Prestige64 Stick, please contact Shapeways immediately (within 10 days of receiving the product) regarding the manufacturing error to follow through on the 10-day Guarantee
4. My stick feels too tight/there are stiff areas or “hiccups” in movement in certain directions (e.g. up).
Reply: This is due to the stick + bowl combo being too tight. Try using a more worn down bowl. Alternatively, wear in the stick by rotating it somewhat vigorously for several minutes and it will go away after a while.
5. My stick is “drifting”/inputting on its own without me moving it!
Reply: The cause here is the same as #4. Basically, because the stick + bowl combo is too tight, the stick is being temporarily detected as off center. This goes away once you’ve “worn in” the stick enough in its new module. To accelerate the wear in process, rotate the stick somewhat vigorously for several minutes in repeated full circles around the edges of the grey octagonal enclosure.
6. My stick has some other significantly noticeable fault not mentioned above:
- Reply: Please contact Shapeways immediately (within 10 days of receiving the product) regarding the manufacturing error to follow through on the 10-day No Risk Guarantee
- Your feedback on the product is very much appreciated. Please send all product reviews to email@example.com. We are considering doing a giveaway for those who submit a quality review of our product(s).
For any other questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.